News Curator cum Moderator
Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change vide their office memorandum F.No.2/6/2013-RE dated 2nd September, 2015, revised the emoluments of research personnel working in research and development programmes of the ministry.
The revised emoluments are as follows:
S.No Designation Existing Revised
1. Junior Research Fellow Rs.16,000/- Rs.25,000/-
2. Senior Research Fellow Rs.18,000/- Rs.28,000/-
3. Junior Project Fellow Rs.10,000/- Rs.16,000/-
4. Senior Project Fellow Rs.12,000/- Rs.18,000/-
5. Research Associate -I Rs.22,000/- Rs.36,000/-
6. Research Associate -II Rs.23,000 Rs.38,000/-
7. Research Associate -I Rs.24,000/- Rs. 40,000/-
Category of Junior Project Fellow and Senior Project Fellow is applicable only when NET qualified candidates are not available for the project sponsored by the ministry.
House Rent Allowances to all the above categories, as per central government norms.
Research Fellows working in the institutes of Indian Council of Forestry Research and Education and other institutes or projects sponsored by the Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change will benefit from this increase in fellowship and their long awaiting expectation will be fulfilled.
For more details, see the office memorandum below