Institute The James Hutton Institute, Invergowrie, Dundee, DD2 5DA, Scotland, UK
Applicants must have a PhD in a relevant subject, such as molecular plant pathology or fungal molecular biology.
- Applicants must show evidence of potential ability to produce good refereed journal papers.
- Ability to plan experiments, and to carry through plans.
- Good writing and communication skills in relation to scientific and non-scientific audiences.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Understanding of molecular plant-pathogen interactions and the role of pathogen effectors in the development of infection.
- Experience in working aseptically.
- Experience in fungal transformation.
- Experience in generation and characterisation of knock-out fungal transformants, including pathogenicity testing.
- Experience in bioinformatics.
*Appointment of this post will be made under the terms of the James Hutton Institute Post-Doctoral Training Scheme and is available for 3 years
Further particulars and updates are available from www.hutton.ac.uk/careers.
Closing date Friday 8 March 2013.